Thursday, October 27, 2011
We're All Apart in God's Song
Before I let you go, give me just one more night to let you know just how I feel.
Before you say goodbye, can I look upon your face one last time
I tried to let you go, I wish I could turn back time and show you how I feel
I tried to be yours, somebody I could not be -- A fallacy -- A shadow in the night
Before you let me go, whenever that day came
You saw me, for more than I saw myself
Potential that had yet to be grasped
Know, though, that I can never let you go
I see you, now, for more than I had ever before
As if my eyes were never fully open
There is a spot light, it was with you
But it needed to move toward the next place on the stage
Before the bulb flickered
And would never shine there, fully, again
If we slip away in darkness do we fall from memory?
Why must the little things in the journey of life haunt our soul?
Do angels sit at the crossroads of our life
With neon signs pointing us toward the light?
There are choices we must look upon
And realize who we truly are
Turning right and left matters little
In the Odyssey of life
Right...Left...God will be use us
As His Will dictates
We all have our own part in God's Song
I made a soldier's decision to fly away
As much as it pained me to do
I turned left
You stayed on the road and took the next right...
I raise my glass to you
And the incredible life
That God has granted you, my family
Here's to you, my friends, my brothers, my sisters!
Heaven's not far away
Cheers
I Love You
To my Family that God called me away from in both Grass Valley, CA and Catonsville, Columbia, Ellicott City, Baltimore, Elkridge, etc, Maryland. The words that I write will never compare to my actual Love and Affection toward EACH and EVERY one of you. I love you.
*I know I posted "God's Song" by Cold as the song that inspired this post, but really Cold's entire Album "A Different Kind of Pain" was a huge inspiration to me in this piece, taking whole lines, or part of lines, of lyrics...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment